Upsalling (up sale) – sales mechanics, which consists in increasing the transaction amount by selling more expensive sales items or related products (services), carried out with the aim of making sales more profitable for both parties and better customer satisfaction.
Types of upselling
So, what allows you to raise the amount of the check (invoices, sales) for a particular buyer. First of all, a clear understanding of what kind of upsails will not discourage the buyer from buying (will not look like “pairing”) will help him make the right choice and thereby simplify the sale and make it profitable as much as possible to the seller:
- Other sales;
- Cross sale
- Add-On Sale (pre-sale);
- Solution selling
- I will try to define each species, analyze and give examples in detail.
Upsale in marketing
How is this sales mechanic reflected in marketing? How to make an upsale not a means of welding on the buyer, but a tool for trade marketing? It’s pretty simple.
- Sales marketing promotions allow a buyer to make a decision. Here is one of the countless lists of countless marketing promotions that can facilitate up sale and help in contacting the seller and the buyer.
- Enough understanding: the need of customer groups for your marketing subject;features, specifics and shortcomings of the subject of marketing;competitor marketing.
- Next you need to teach sellers to work not only with buyers (understand their motives to buy, teach convince, and so on;)
- But also teach how to work with stocks (they forget to offer, they offer it at the wrong time).
- And of course, you have to bring the essence of the shares and their presence in the seller’s offer with advertising.